talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > General Woodworking Q & A

General Woodworking Q & A Had a tip to share or a general question to ask? This is the place.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 05:23 PM

Default Hardwood Dealer in San Diego

Hello,
I am new to the Forum and woodworking in general. I am looking for a hardwood dealer around San Diego. Any suggestions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-2010, 05:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears
Default Re: Hardwood Dealer in San Diego

That's the beauty of San Diego. There are several, depending on what part of the county you reside in. Check out Frost Lumber or TH&H for starters. In the North County you'll want to check out Tropical Exotic Hardwoods. Well, actually you'll want to make a trip there anyway, just to spend some time looking at beautiful wood.

Mike
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

As Mike said, I get most of my hardwood at Frost (on Miramar) or TH&H (which recently moved to Kearny Mesa). I got some really nicely figured cherry at Lane Stanton and Vance a year or so ago, but haven't been back since they moved.

And Exotic Tropical Hardwoods is truly amazing!

Join the San Diego Woodworkers Association to get a discount at the lumber yards. And Rockler.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:17 PM

I will check out Frost Hardwood. I live in La Mesa so it's probably the closest. I will also look into join the San Diego WW association.